Saturday, July 30, 2011

Summertime and the livin's easy

photo 2.JPG

I love the flexibility of summer. Throwing routine out the window on some days to have fun with friends. Last week, some work friends and I threw a brunch together through back and forth conversations on facebook about two days in advance and we were ALL able to make it for the first time in years. Usually, it takes a couple weeks of banging out a date and then at least one person is usually missing from the crew because of schedules. But, we were all there (with all ELEVEN of our kids!)

photo 1.JPG

Swimming (which makes for worn out kids at bed time), popsicles, bath time to get rid of the sweaty summer smell, tan lines on kiddos... I love it!

photo 1.JPG

photo 5.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 1.JPG

I wish I could say I love the heat, but DANG, it's HOT! We pretty much stay inside and won't venture out until after dinner.

Summer brings later bedtimes for the kids, which is good and bad. Less time for Mommy and Daddy to chill out, but more fun with these guys.

photo 4.JPG

Kate went to VBS last week and loved it. I think that will be a summer tradition from now on. We loved the two hours of being down a kid, too. Parents of the Year, right here!

photo 3.JPG

We are planning a summer vacation for late August, but some of our plans are up in the air right now.

But, here's the best part... once summer is officially over, I don't have to go back to work!!!

I still get that pit in my stomach every now and then when I think about how fast the summer is going by. Then it hits me that August will NOT be spent working in my classroom, I won't be packing a bag for the kids each day, making my lunch each night, picking out clothes... I LOVED teaching, don't get me wrong. But, right now, this is what's RIGHT for our family and I am LOVING our decision.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer!!






No comments: