Friday, October 7, 2011

Creations by Kate

Blank white paper could keep her busy for hours.

Our laundry room has been taken over by drawings and paintings. I am working on an idea for displaying all of the kids' creations.

And then, I need to figure out how to "save" all of it. I know as they get older and do more projects in school and at church, that I will be overwhelmed with how to save it all. I mean, you can't really actually KEEP it all. We've thought about taking pictures of the things they make and then making it into a book or something they could look through???? Maybe actually saving some of the REALLY cute things to look through later????

Who knows, but these are the things that keep me up at night. Seriously. Welcome to my world.

For now, they will hang in my laundry room, and I'll post pictures on our blog for the sake of memories. It will be boring for the rest of you. :)


Ok, let's start off with a dinosaur.

photo 3.JPG

Here's your typical smiley face. This shows up on A LOT of her projects. I love it! They look a little different every time.

photo 4.JPG

This is a snowman. A really, really, really, tall snowman.

photo 5.JPG

Kate informed me that this was a potato.

photo 1.JPG

Abstract art. She LOVES painting!

photo 2.JPG

A tree she made in church.

photo 3.JPG

A project that I think she did at the Magic House with Gran.

photo 4.JPG

This is from the day I taught her to draw a rainbow.

Funny story about this... She was asking me which color came next. I was using all of my
ROY G BIV knowledge to remember the colors of the rainbow in order.

When I got to indigo, I thought to myself, "eh, I'll just skip indigo. I'm not really sure what color it is anyway, and what three year old needs to know indigo anyway?"

Well, apparently my three year old does. When I skipped it and went to violet, she stopped me and said, "What about indigo?"

It was like she was just inside my head! ha! Who knows where she learned indigo or how she remembered it, but indigo made an appearance on her rainbow! She blows me away sometimes. She doesn't miss a beat!

photo 5.JPG

Our sad butterfly from this summer. This hung on one of our kitchen cabinets all summer long and now in the laundry room, it's a one eye wonder.

photo 1.JPG

She copied me as I drew a house and this is what she came up with. Pretty good!

photo 2.JPG

We painted doilies this summer with watercolors. So fun! This was four of many.

photo 3.JPG

She painted this scene at the Denver Children's Museum last month.

photo 4.JPG

I'm thinking about doing something like this or this to display artwork.

Any ideas for storing/digitally storing artwork and projects are much appreciated!

No comments: